Foot Rests – Inexpensive Ergonomic Comfort
Footrests are a type of chair accessory that supports your feet and ankles. They provide a soft surface for you to rest your legs on if they get tired or sore while working at home, in the office, or anywhere else. Footrests come in many different styles including folding footrests, Ottoman-style footrests, and full-length desk chair footrests.
With so many options available, it can be difficult to decide what type of footrest is best for you.
The benefits of using an ergonomic desk setup are often overlooked but there are definitely some major advantages if you include a dedicated chair with back support as well as a high-quality footrest or two.
Who should use a footrest?
Footrests are a good addition to any chair setup for anyone who is working from home, in the office, or anywhere else. They provide support and comfort for weary feet which can help prevent injuries caused by standing on them all day long without walking around.
Non-ergonomic chairs with no back support also put more stress on your spine as well as neck muscles so having an ergonomic chair set up will reduce that strain considerably. Having this ergonomic accessory will
If you have had foot surgery of any kind such as bunions, hammertoes, or plantar fasciitis then a footrest should be one of your first purchases because it helps alleviate some of the pressure off those sensitive areas while still giving you adequate comfort.
Benefits of using a footrest
- Footrests can help prevent injuries caused by standing on your feet all day long.
- They provide support and comfort for weary feet which will help you avoid injury and pain from too much time spent in one position.
- Non-ergonomic chair setups with no back support also put more stress on the spine, neck muscles, etc… Having an ergonomic chair setup significantly reduces that strain while still giving an ample amount of comfort to those who need it.
- If you have had foot surgery such as bunions, hammertoes, or plantar fasciitis then a footrest would be among the first purchases because it helps alleviate some of the pressure off those sensitive areas while still providing adequate amounts of comfort.
How to choose the best footrest for you?
There are many different types of footrests, but not all are created equally and it’s important to consider what you will be using the chair for.
- The height of a footrest should be adjustable. This helps to achieve the best work posture, because they allow you to put your feet at the correct height when setting up other office furniture such as desks and chairs.
- A footrest that can move at different angles is a good feature. It is good if you can lock the position or if you can move the feet side to side. This helps with blood flow and circulation.
- Make sure that it is easy to clean. It might be a good place for bacteria to grow. But most are not like this.
- The footrest should be large enough for both feet, but not so large that your feet dangle over the edges. It must also be heavy and stable to ensure it doesn’t tip when you are resting your feet on it.
Types of footrests
There are many types of footrests but we will focus on office varieties.
- Non-height adjustable footrests
- Massaging footrests
- Heated Footrests
- Rocking Footrests
- Gel Footrests